Where to start? This is often a problem for first time home buyers. Buying a home for the first time can be stressful and confusing. Let me help you with a step by step process to help prepare you for this exciting time. Scroll below for a few things to consider to help you determine where to start.
Getting pre-approved for a mortgage will help determine which homes to consider and you should look around and try and find lowest mortgage rate. Banks and private lenders can help with this process. You should study and analyze the real estate market of your choice. I will provide you with updated listings that fit your criteria. Get started by subscribing below. Once we find a home I will help negotiate your purchase contract and stay in touch after the sale.
Selling can be an exciting time whether it means moving on, a growing family, a job opportunity in another city, retiring or down sizing.
Before placing a for-sale sign consider the following steps to ensure you receive the most out of your investment: renovating, staging, market prices, home Inspection and time frame should be thought out prior to marketing. I will help make sure you are ready to market your home and find a buyer who will start growing their own roots and memories.
· Define your needs and wants
· Most people need to qualify and get approved for a mortgage, Getting pre-approved for a mortgage will help determine which homes to consider. It is best to start this process prior to looking for a home
· Consider all the costs such as your down payment, closing costs, moving costs, utility bills, renovations, pizza for those helping and more
· There are home buyer plans and tax credits that help first time buyers purchase a home, do your research
· List what is important to you
· Size, Location, Number of Rooms, waterfront, utility services
· Think about the future and not just today – what job will you have, will you be having children/pets
· What is in the area such as schools, transportation, shopping, lakes
· How many years will you be living in your future home
· Consider your financing
· Visit multiple homes to redefine your list
· Understand that not all offers are the same
· What is your time frame
· Inspections should be booked and reviewed
· Find a Real Estate Lawyer either prior to looking or during the process
· Every home may need a little renovation, consider how much you can do or how much a professional will cost
· Furniture can be expensive, consider hand me downs, restores and if what you currently have fits the layout of your new purchase
These are just a few things to consider when purchasing a new home.
When you enlist the help of an expert REALTOR®, you're not just gaining support to buy or sell your house or cottage – you're gaining an ally who'll help you make the most out of your home or cottage. REALTORS® can guide you through every step of the process, explain the current market, help navigate complex paperwork and offer invaluable advice.